Instructions for downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat files
onto diskette or local drive
Downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader
The Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read Adobe Acrobat format. The
reader is available for download free of charge from the Adobe WWW site.
To connect to the Adobe site for downloading Acrobat Reader, click
- Choose the Reader version, platform version (Windows95, Windows NT,
Mac, Linux, etc.), and language version you need from the drop-down
- Click the "Download" button at the bottom of the page to
download the reader to your computer.
- Install the reader on your computer (Double-click on the downloaded
.exe file and following the installation prompts).
- Open a .pdf document using the installed reader.
- The Acrobat Reader needs to be installed only once in order to view
all files in pdf format on the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
(TBS) Web site.
Downloading Adobe Acrobat files (pdf) onto a diskette or local drive
- On a diskette or local drive, make a directory into which the document(s)
will be saved (e.g. c:\download).
- On the NSS site, locate a document you wish to download.
- With the right mouse button click on the link of
the required file.
- Select Save Target As.... from the drop-down menu.
- When prompted by the "Save As" dialog box, specify the name
you have given to the directory (e.g. c:\download) into which the file
should be saved. Click on Save to save the file.
- On your computer, make a directory into which the document(s) will
be saved (e.g. c:\download).
- On the NSS site, locate the document you wish to download or save.
- While holding down the "Shift" key on your
keyboard, click on the link to the document you wish to download or
- When prompted, specify the local drive and directory you have created
(e.g. c:\download) into which you wish to save the file. Press